Lowcountry’s Legacy Real Estate Teams

Lowcountry Living & Real Estate asked our advertisers about building a legacy Real Estate Team alongside their children in order to create a stronger real estate environment in the Hilton Head area. Here we highlight how these teams developed and provide a perspective of how they work well together.

Richard & Sanders MacDonald

Richard MacDonald & Associates, Charter One Realty

RICHARD’ S PERSPECTIVE

What was your reaction when your son decided to come work for you?
I was excited for one of my sons to join me in this thriving business to continue sharing what we love about the lowcountry with buyers and sellers. And, having Sanders on board has been helpful for our clients as he interprets my southern drawl!

Do you work well together?
Even being in the business for 43 years, I recognize the importance of the changing climate. Especially, the work-from-anywhere culture that is bringing buyers from around the world to settle into the lowcountry. With Sanders’ fresh eyes and experience working with the Panthers, he teaches me new things every day as much as he is learning from my expertise.

What does a “legacy team” uniquely provide to your clients?
Varying degrees of perspective on what matters to buyers and sellers in different seasons of life. Me, the old man, bringing 40 years of expertise to the table and Sanders, the young man, who was raised here provides a dynamic experience for our clients.

SANDERS’ S PERSPECTIVE

What’s changed in the lowcountry most since growing up here?
While most of the island remains preserved, the development of Bluffton is the most significant change. It has transformed into its own must-visit destination with the charm of Old Town and walkability to the May River. Young families are moving to Bluffton in droves.

What unique skillset do you offer?
Perspective and motivation. Growing up here and then building my career in Charlotte after college, I recognize the intangibles this area has that ultimately drew my family back and makes it appealing for anyone in just about any stage of life.

What was your journey like before coming to work with your father?
I was with the Carolina Panthers for 12 seasons, working most recently as the Ticket Sales Manager, setting 2 consecutive team revenue records in my final seasons. That chapter for me was highlighted in 2016 by attending Super Bowl 50 with my dad in Santa Clara days after my wife, Sami, gave birth to our son!

Nancy Cunningham & Sunny Nolde

Cunningham/Nolde Team Sea Pines Real Estate Beach Club



source https://www.hiltonhead360.com/real-estate/lowcountrys-legacy-real-estate-teams/

Comments

Popular Posts